As I suggested earlier this year, Cook should yank Apple products from Best Buy as well as most other third-party retailers. It makes more sense to sell the 128 GB iPad or something similar at a Kors or Ralph Lauren than it does anything at all at Best Buy or Wal-Mart (WMT).
Couple that move with an initiative to sell only Apple-designed, created and branded accessories alongside product from a handful of cutting edge and/or luxury collaborators.
Pour your cash into building out what is the disgustingly high-margin iAccessory business. We have seen what Apple can do in this area with products such as the fantastic iPad Smart Cover.
It's time for Tim Cook to step up Apple's game here. In a big way.Follow @rocco_thestreet --Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV