NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- This past Saturday, I decided to hit one of the New York City Apple (AAPL) Stores I had never been in. SoHo. Prince and Greene. One of the best neighborhoods in urban America.
I needed something anyway. An external microphone to use for TheBeach Meets TheStreet.
The way things went down disturbed me. I can't simply cast this off as the status quo . . . as something that existed under Steve Jobs, therefore we shouldn't squawk as it continues on Tim Cook's watch.
I asked an Apple Store employee for help. Pickings were slim in the external mic department. Or, as an employee said to me, "We don't have shit here" (pardon the French, but those were his exact words . . . verbatim). After showing me the lone option, he suggested I just take the five-minute walk to Best Buy (BBY) where he figured I would find better selection.Frankly, I don't want to relive that soul-sucking experience so I will just let my Tweets from Saturday tell the story:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV