- Brings Over 20 Years of Experience in Cancer Research, Drug Discovery and Development, Including Nexavar ® (sorafenib) and PD-0332991 (palbociclib) -
LEXINGTON, Mass., Feb. 19, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Curis, Inc. (Nasdaq:CRIS), an oncology-focused company seeking to develop next generation targeted drug candidates for cancer treatment, today announced the appointment of Ali Fattaey, Ph.D., as President and Chief Operating Officer. Dr. Fattaey will join Curis' senior management team, where he will help guide and further advance Curis' overall corporate strategic goals and will also be responsible for the oversight and implementation of the Company's research and development operations. Dan Passeri will continue to serve as Chief Executive Officer and Michael Gray will continue to serve as Chief Financial Officer.
Dr. Fattaey has held leadership positions at several cancer-focused organizations and brings significant research and development experience to Curis, including eight years at Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc., where he was responsible for multiple programs in partnership with Pfizer, Inc. (then Parke-Davis/Warner-Lambert) and Bayer HealthCare, which led to the discovery and development of Nexavar ® (sorafenib), now approved by the FDA for the treatment of advanced renal cell carcinoma and unresectable hepatocellular cancer. In addition, Dr. Fattaey led the discovery of palbociclib, a small molecule selective inhibitor of the CDK 4 and 6 kinases, now in late stage clinical development for treatment of advanced breast cancer."We are extremely pleased to have Ali join the Curis senior management team," said Dan Passeri, Chief Executive Officer of Curis. "He brings extensive experience and knowledge of targeted cancer treatment to guide our growth into a leading oncology drug company. We believe that Ali's impressive background will enable us to continue building and advancing our pipeline of novel drug candidates, including our IAP inhibitor CUDC-427 and our dual PI3K and HDAC inhibitor CUDC-907."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV