TPG-Axon, beneficial owner of seven percent of the outstanding shares of SandRidge Energy, Inc. (NYSE: SD) (the “Company”), today issued an open letter to SandRidge stockholders urging them to vote the GREEN consent card in favor of its proposals to amend the Company’s bylaws and replace SandRidge’s entire Board of Directors with its slate of highly qualified director nominees.
In the letter TPG-Axon commented: “Strategic blunders, extraordinary spending and poor governance have caused SandRidge stock to decline almost 80 percent since the 2007 IPO. This destruction of value is not an accident – it has been a result of the choices made, and actions taken, by Tom Ward and the current Board of Directors.”
TPG-Axon requested that stockholders of record return their signed and dated GREEN consent cards before March 15, 2013, the deadline for submitting consents.
TPG-Axon highlighted that ISS, a respected independent and impartial proxy advisory firm, recommends SandRidge stockholders replace a majority of the Board, stating:
- “The apparent failures of stewardship on this board are legion.”
- “The company’s abrupt, piecemeal approach to corporate strategy and concomitant lack of capital discipline have increasingly limited the company’s financial flexibility, and engendered a deep distrust in the market.”
- “…there is little reason to believe the [incumbent] outside directors who are specially charged with looking out for the interests of unaffiliated shareholders are best equipped to effect the necessary change at SandRidge.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV