CB&I (NYSE: CBI) announced today that it has been awarded a project valued in excess of US$180 million by HYUNDAI Heavy Industries Co., Ltd. (HHI).
CB&I's scope of work, which will commence in the first quarter, includes detailed engineering design and procurement services for the spar topside that is part of Statoil's Aasta Hansteen field development project off the coast of Norway.
When operation begins, the production platform will be the world's largest, capable of producing 812 million cubic feet (23 million cubic meters) of gas a day and storing 160,000 barrels of condensate.
“We are pleased to work with HHI on this landmark project,” said Lasse Petterson, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer. “The award builds on our extensive work history engineering offshore topsides and our successful track record on the Norwegian Continental Shelf.”About CB&I CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is the most complete energy infrastructure focused company in the world and a major provider of government services. Drawing upon more than a century of experience and the expertise of approximately 50,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality. For more information visit www.CBI.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV