ICON plc, (NASDAQ: ICLR), a global provider of outsourced development services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries, today reported its financial results for the full year and fourth quarter ended December 31, 2012.
For the fourth quarter net revenue grew 24% year on year to $300 million. Operating income was $24.4 million compared to $6.6 million in the same quarter last year. Operating margin was 8.1% of revenue, compared to 2.7% of revenue for the same quarter last year.
Net income was $20.7 million compared with $4.1 million last year or $0.34 per share compared to $0.07 in the same quarter last year.
For the full year revenue grew 18% to $1.12 billion. Operating income before restructuring and other items was $73.7 million compared to $39.3 million last year. Operating margin for the full year 2012 was 6.6% of revenue compared with 4.2% of revenue in 2011.On a US GAAP basis, income from operations was $68.0 million or 6.1% compared with $29.4 million or 3.1% in the prior year. For the full year net income before restructuring and other items was $60.4 million, compared to $31.5 million last year and net margin was 5.4% of revenue, compared with 3.3% in 2011. EPS before restructuring and other items for 2012 was $1.00 per share compared with $0.52 in 2011. On a US GAAP basis net income was $55.4 million, compared to $22.8 million last year. Net margin for the full year 2012 was 5.0% of revenue, up from 2.4% in 2011. EPS on a US GAAP basis for 2012 was $0.92 per share compared with $0.37 in 2011. Days sales outstanding, comprising accounts receivable and unbilled revenue less payments on account were 40 days at December 31, 2012 compared with 47 days at December 31, 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV