INTERXION HOLDING N.V. (NYSE:INXN), a leading European provider of carrier-neutral colocation data centre services, today announced the construction of its second data centre in Stockholm (“STO 2”) and expansions to its Frankfurt 6 data centre (“FRA 6.3”) and Copenhagen 1 data centre (“CPH1”). These builds are part of the company’s disciplined expansion approach to meet customer demand across its pan-European footprint.
- Interxion is constructing its second data centre in Stockholm (STO 2) in two phases, each providing 500 square metres of equipped space. The first 500 square metre phase is scheduled to be operational in the second quarter of 2013 and Interxion has secured 2MW of customer available power to support the first phase.
- Interxion is expanding its CPH 1 data centre to meet the needs of the Danish market. The remotely tethered expansion will provide 300 square metres of equipped space and is scheduled to be operational in the second quarter of 2013.
The capital expenditures associated with STO 2 and CPH 1 will total approximately €17 million.
“As a leader in the Scandinavian market, Interxion is expanding its capacity to meet the needs of the marketplace,” said David Ruberg, Interxion’s Chief Executive Officer. “Interxion has seen strong growth in the Stockholm market, primarily driven by our communities of interest. We have expanded our Stockholm data centre twice in the past 18 months and continue to see strong demand in Stockholm. STO 2 will provide critical equipped space to meet our customers’ expansion requirements.”In Frankfurt:
- Interxion is expanding its FRA 6 data centre by 600 square metres of equipped space and will access existing customer power, with additional power available for a subsequent power expansion. FRA 6.3 is scheduled to be operational in the first quarter of 2013. Capital expenditures associated with FRA 6.3 are approximately €5 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV