ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates, Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) is showcasing a new, clip-on Thermal Weapon Sight (TWS) at the International Defence Exhibition and Conference, IDEX 2013. The surveillance and targeting sight, which mounts in front of a rifle's existing sight without reducing targeting accuracy, delivers precise surveillance and advanced targeting imagery.
"The clip-on TWS can also be used as a hand-held imager, and is an affordable, vital component for a wide range of military and border patrol missions," said Jeff Miller, vice president of Combat and Sensing Systems in Raytheon's Network Centric Systems business.
The new product is the latest addition to Raytheon's family of uncooled thermal sights. Its superior range increases situational awareness in a variety of environments, including smoke, fog, dust, darkness or daylight.
About Raytheon Raytheon Company, with 2012 sales of $24 billion and 68,000 employees worldwide, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 91 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. For more about Raytheon, visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter @raytheon.Media Contact Peter Ramjug +1.978.886.7738 firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Raytheon Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV