What Will 'Debt Jubilee' Look Like?
Think this level of perversity/injustice is impossible? We already have precedent. After the Wall Street banks had caused (created?) the Crash of '08 (with their reckless fraud/gambling), and after they took their $15+ trillion from the U.S. government in assorted hand-outs, 0% loans, tax-breaks, and "loss guarantees" (i.e., more hand-outs), the Wall Street banksters kept their massive bonuses.
We were told this was because of "the sanctity of contracts."
Then after this massive give-away, various U.S. governments began unilaterally hacking-and-slashing the wages, pensions and benefits of their own workers -- which had been freely/fairly negotiated in their own contracts. The reason? After giving trillions of dollars to the bankers, the workers were told the government "couldn't afford" to honor their contracts.
You've been warned.Follow Jeff Nielson @bullionbulls This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV