What Will 'Debt Jubilee' Look Like?
Such is the wonder of fiat currencies, where our governments can turn ordinary paper into magic paper, just by turning on their printing presses (and saying the magic words). Of course, from the time we were children, we have all been familiar with "magic" goods. Jack traded the family cow for some "magic beans," and went on to fame, fortune and glory.
Unfortunately, that's just a children's fairy tale. In the real life tales that are spun by our politicians, bankers and media talking-heads, there are no "magic beans." Trade-in the family cow, and all you're left with is one less cow.
The biggest lie that the politicians/bankers/media talking-heads continue to successfully pass-off on the sheep: It's "impossible" for any nation with its own printing press to ever default on its debts. Those readers (above the age of 10) who have ever accepted this farcical statement as truth, should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.
Germany's Weimar government claimed it would/could never default, because it too had a "magic" printing press. What happened? Excessive money-printing totally destroyed the value of its currency, devastating its entire economy, impoverishing all of its citizens -- and then it defaulted. Except by then, its debts were a hundred times larger.Printing infinite quantities of fiat currencies can only turn a small debt default into a gigantic debt-default -- while completely destroying one's own economy in the process. This brings us to Debt Jubilee: Hitting the reset button. Wiping the slate clean by burning all (?) of the bad debts created by these bankers and politicians. It is a regular,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV