- If you fill a room in your home with a treadmill or other exercise equipment and really, really use it, you're going to save on the cost of going to and from a gym; monthly membership; those expensive extras you don't use, such as a sauna or the day care room; and getting lured to buy a treat at that super-expensive smoothie bar.
- It's hard to work at home -- unless you have a separate home office. That Wi-Fi you otherwise use for Netflix and that coffee maker in your kitchen mean no obligation to pay for Internet access by the day or buy expensive mochachinos in return for squatting for hours at your local cafe.
- In fact, your entire kitchen can save you from the costs of excessive eating out or ordering in. And your garage and a few tools can save you from $25 to $75 each time you need to change your oil.
Face It: Your Home Isn't Making You Money (or Meant To)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts