Axtel, S.A.B. De C.V. Reports Fourth Quarter 2012 Results
Axtel, S.A.B. de C.V. (“AXTEL” or “the Company”), a leading Mexican fixed-line integrated telecommunications company, announced today its unaudited fourth quarter results ended December 31, 2012 (1).
For additional information, please contact Adrian de los Santos, Investor Relations Officer and Corporate Finance Director at IR@axtel.com.mx
- On January 31, 2013, AXTEL successfully completed the execution of its recapitalization plan, divesting 883 tower sites for $249 million, and exchanging existing debt for new secured and convertible debt and a cash payment. On a pro forma basis, as of December 31, 2012, AXTEL reduced its net debt leverage ratio from 4.0x to 2.4x.
- During the fourth quarter, AXTEL reinforced its productivity initiatives by downsizing its organization in approximately 1,350 collaborators, which will be reflected in savings of approximately 15% on its personnel expenses. AXTEL will now have a leaner and more focused organization concentrated in the implementation of its key strategic initiatives.
- On January 30, 2013, the Company launched its “AXTEL TV” pay television service in Mexico City, Guadalajara and Monterrey. This represents a key step in AXTEL´s competitive position in the mass market segment. AXTEL TV’s image quality and innovative features are the result of the capacity and reliability of the Company’s end-to-end fiber network.
- AXTEL’s operating performance in the fourth quarter was negatively impacted by certain extraordinary expenses, as well as lost revenues due to the uncertainty surrounding the successful execution of its recapitalization plan. This revenue loss is expected to be gradually recovered as the recapitalization plan was successfully completed.
For a complete version of the 4Q12 Earnings Release, please visit: www.axtel.com.mx1) We are presenting financial information based on International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) in nominal pesos for the following periods:
- Consolidated income statement information for the three-month periods ending on December 31 and September 30, 2012, and December 31, 2011; and twelve-month period ending on December 31, 2012 and December 31, 2011, and
- Balance sheet information as of December 31, 2012 and 2011; and September 30, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV