Securus Technologies, Inc. Announces Continued Breakthrough Performance In 2012
DALLAS, Feb. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Securus Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of inmate communications services and investigative technologies, today announced that 2012 reached new heights in success metrics serving the corrections industry. In 2012, Securus achieved the following milestones:
- Nearly 1,700 sites using the industry's and world's most widely used corrections communications platform.
- Over 25,000 active corrections, investigative, and law enforcement personnel using the industry's most modern and advanced system to investigate and prevent criminal activity.
- Added 53 new features in 2012, totaling 111 over the past two years, and 550 features in total—all deployed to existing platform sites automatically to keep our platform on the leading front of technology. We have more than 100 IT professionals on staff to make sure we maintain and expand our technology leadership.
- Expanded capacity on the platform to manage call volume that exceeds approximately 14,000 concurrent calls today—and growing. No other platform in the industry approaches this performance.
- Awarded 12 new patents in 2012 to add to its industry-leading patent portfolio of more than 97 patents–Securus' commitment to technology leadership directly complements its future-proof centralized communications platform design.
- Acquired and integrated industry-leading video visitation and investigative technologies, resulting in more sales and planned implementations of these applications than any other inmate telephone provider. Continuing to focus acquisitions on products and services that expand capabilities.
- Added over 10 implementations of the industry's leading jail management system. A total of more than 100 systems being used today.
- Established integrated offerings with over 90 partners and completed projects at over 500 sites—showing that Securus has the ability to customize solutions for its customers.
- Won more than $40M in new contracts in 2012, roughly four times more than the closest competitor—proof that customers are reacting positively to what the company is doing.
Richard A. Smith, Securus' CEO and President, said, "Each year we lead the industry in re-investing in our products and capabilities. We've brought customer service in-house while others push the responsibility to outsourced providers operating in other countries. We have invested over one hundred and ten million dollars in our communications platform resulting in more feature functionality, more reliability, and greater investigative performance compared to that of any other competitive platform. Our commitment in terms of largest reinvestment of our revenue back in the business, best-in-class customer service, best-in-class calling platform, best-in-class technical support, and patented proprietary technology defines who we are – and why we service facilities that demand the best. And that is Securus!"
Robert Pickens, Securus' Chief Operating Officer, said, "For the past three years, we've won more new customers than any other provider. We're changing the dynamics of our industry by developing and consistently deploying new technology, and by owning and not outsourcing key applications. We don't force our customers to come to us, we build solutions for them and make sure we integrate with their key systems and vendors to create an environment that operates according to their desired processes."About SecurusSecurus Technologies, Inc. is one of the largest providers of detainee communications and information management solutions, serving approximately 2,200 correctional facilities and more than 850,000 inmates nationwide. A recognized leader in providing comprehensive, innovative technical solutions and responsive customer service, Securus' sole focus is the specialized needs of the corrections and law enforcement communities. Securus is headquartered in Dallas, TX, with regional offices in Carrollton and Dallas, TX, and Atlanta, GA. For more information please visit the Securus website at www.securustech.net. In 2012, Securus purchased Primonics, Inc., a Video Visitation provider serving on-site and at-home paid video visitation services to corrections facilities. Also in 2012, Securus purchased DirectHit Systems, Inc. DirectHit Systems, Inc. was founded in 2005 in Melbourne, Florida and provides sophisticated investigative data analysis tools for law enforcement and corrections clients in North America through proprietary software algorithms. They have high profile clients at the Federal, State, County, and Local levels. SOURCE Securus Technologies, Inc.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts