CHICAGO, Feb. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ComEd's smart phone app has generated more than 1 million mobile transactions in less than a year. Launched in April 2012, this app allows ComEd customers to conveniently report power outages and manage their accounts from their smart phones. In addition, ComEd's other mobile and social customer service tools are also gaining traction:
- More than 59,000 downloads of ComEd's smart phone app
- A record-setting 18.2 million transactions completed through ComEd's website and mobile-enabled site - the most in the company's history
- More than 32,000 fans of Facebook.com/ComEd
- Nearly 4,800 followers of Twitter@ComEd
As the first utility to offer its customers the option of reporting an outage through Facebook and one of the first utilities to deploy text messaging to its customers, ComEd's customer service tools are at the forefront of mobile technology in the energy industry. To date, more than 102,000 customers have signed-up for ComEd's two-way text messaging service, where customers can text OUT to 26633 (COMED) to report an outage and receive restoration information.
"We've significantly expanded our mobile customer service tools over the past year, and we remain dedicated to offering greater value to our customers through improved communications," said Val Jensen, senior vice president, Customer Operations, ComEd. "These customer adoption milestones are a testament to our commitment to using mobile technology to deliver better customer experiences."
ComEd's mobile solutions are part of the company's efforts to offer greater value to its customers and continually meet their changing needs as demand grows for increased mobile communication. As part of its suite of customer service tools, ComEd also launched an interactive outage map on its website. The color-coded map allows customers to easily find information on the location and size of outages and get estimated power restoration times.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV