TAMPA, Fla., Feb. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Walter Investment Management Corp. (NYSE: WAC) ("Walter Investment" or the "Company") today announced it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire the correspondent lending and wholesale broker businesses of Ally Bank. Upon the completion of the transaction, the Company anticipates it will employ approximately 300 of the correspondent lending and wholesale broker businesses' employees. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Mark J. O'Brien, Chairman and CEO of Walter Investment said, "This transaction brings to Walter Investment a team of knowledgeable, experienced employees with which to pursue correspondent lending opportunities, using the outstanding capabilities resident in the recently acquired ResCap originations platform. We look forward to working with this team as we execute on our strategic plans for the originations business."
About Walter Investment Management Corp.
Walter Investment Management Corp. is an asset manager, mortgage servicer and originator focused on finding solutions for consumers and credit owners. Based in Tampa, Fla., the Company has over 3,700 employees and services a diverse loan portfolio. For more information about Walter Investment Management Corp., please visit the Company's website at www.walterinvestment.com.SOURCE Walter Investment Management Corp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV