America's Favorite Sandwich Cracker Celebrates 100 Years
CHARLOTTE, N.C., Feb. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Lance ® has been satisfying America's snacking appetite for 100 years — and this is just the beginning. The brand is celebrating its 100 th anniversary in 2013 with product launches and improvements, social media giveaways and a promise to continue giving consumers "more of what they love."
"Turning 100 years old is a big moment for any brand, but when you're the nation's favorite snack cracker, it's a really big opportunity to do something special," said Tom Ingram, Senior Brand Director, Bakery at Snyder's-Lance, Inc. "To celebrate a century of Lance, we will show appreciation to our loyal fans by giving them 'more of what they love.'"
100 Years of InnovationBorn out of innovation, the story of the Lance ® brand begins one hundred years ago, when Philip L. Lance, a Charlotte, N.C. food broker, turned 500 pounds of unwanted peanuts into an entrepreneurial endeavor. Philip Lance began selling the peanuts on the street for a nickel a bag. He soon expanded his peanut business to include peanut butter, and shortly after, the first peanut butter sandwich cracker was born. The Lance ® product line expanded again when an American soldier gave the company his mother's recipe for peanut brittle. The peanut brittle, now known as Peanut Bar, remains an important part of Lance's ® product line. The brand has since added nuts, seeds, cookies and popcorn varieties to its product offerings. From the streets of Charlotte to the homes of families across America, Lance continues to innovate. Lance was the first company to make significant nutritional changes as part of its Snack Right campaign in 1988. More recent product innovation milestones include:
- 2004 – Lance eliminates trans fats from its products.
- 2008 – Lance eliminates high-fructose corn syrup from all sandwich cracker products.
- 2009 – Lance adds Whole Grain sandwich crackers and 100 Calorie pouches to its product line.
- 2011 – Lance launches Cracker Creations ®, a line of premium, all-natural sandwich crackers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV