Twelfth Annual Limbs For Life Foundation Benefit Gala And Auction Presents "Live From New York, It's LFL!"
DALLAS, Feb. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Come out to the InterContinental Dallas Hotel the evening of Saturday, Feb. 23, "because you're good enough, you're smart enough, and dog gone it, people like you." The Limbs for Life Foundation is channeling its inner Saturday Night Live with their 2013 fundraiser, "Live from New York, it's LFL!" More than 400 people are expected to attend, donning outfits from their favorite Saturday Night Live characters for a night of dancing, dining, auctions, casino games and most importantly, fundraising for a worthy cause.
All proceeds from "Live from New York, it's LFL" benefit Limbs for Life, a global nonprofit organization dedicated to providing fully functional prosthetic care for individuals who cannot otherwise afford and raising awareness of the daily challenges facing amputees.
Now in its final year, the gala, which hosts a different theme every year, has provided prosthetics for more than 1,500 amputees. At the conclusion of the Saturday, Feb. 23 event, the gala will have raised more than $3.5 million in its 12-year history. And whether attendees come decked out as the Lunch Lady, Mary Katherine Gallagher, Coneheads or the Spartan Cheerleaders, the evening is sure to be entertaining!
The event begins at 6 p.m. with costume-clad guests enjoying cocktails, a four-course meal, live and silent auction, and casino games, inside InterContinental Dallas Hotel.The evening includes a presentation of the Lifetime Limbs Award, a special honor recognizing Scott Sabolich, owner and clinical director for Scott Sabolich Prosthetics and Research in Oklahoma City, as well as the recently opened, state-of-the-art, 12,000 square foot center in Dallas. Scott is a third generation prosthetist, helping thousands regain their independence and freedom through his accomplished work through research and technology. His facility in Oklahoma City is the single largest prosthetic facility in the United States, treating up to 40 patients per day, with more than 40 percent of those patients from outside the state. The 2013 "Live from New York, it's LFL" benefit is co-chaired by Limbs for Life board members, Holly and Doug Brooks, who have co-chaired the event for the past 12 years. "The Limbs for Life Foundation tagline is 'we don't ask for much, just an arm and a leg,' and while the phrase is catchy, what the organization does to support people who have lost a limb, is much more meaningful," said Doug Brooks. "We are in the last year for the Dallas event, but there are still many opportunities year-round for those who want to get involved and support this great organization." The live auction, one of the highlights of the evening, features several exclusive prize packages and offerings up for bid. Several notable auction items include:
- A 5-day/4-night stay for two (2) at the luxury Grand Wailea Resort in Maui, complete with massage treatments at the Spa Grande, two rounds of golf at the Wailea Golf Club, snorkeling, world-class cuisine and more;
- Four (4) premium-seat tickets to see country music sensation, Kenny Chesney during his 'No Shoes Nation Tour' Saturday, May 11, 2013 at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. This experience includes limousine transportation to and from the show, and a one night stay for two couples at the Dallas W Hotel; and a
- Private dinner for six (6) prepared by Dallas' own Chef Kent Rathbun, an award-winning, nationally renowned culinary expert, at the home of Doug and Holly Brooks.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts