Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today introduced the industry’s first software solution for decoding the Universal Flash Storage protocol on oscilloscopes. The new protocol decoder provides design and validation engineers with a fast, easy way to validate and debug their UFS interfaces.
UFS is a flash storage specification for mobile devices, smartphones, digital cameras and other consumer electronics. The standard was developed by the JEDEC Solid State Technology Association. The electrical interface for UFS uses the MIPI M-PHY and UniPro specifications, developed by the MIPI TM Alliance, a global standards body.
Agilent’s N8818A UFS protocol decoder is designed to run on Infiniium 90000A, 90000 X-Series and 90000 Q-Series oscilloscopes. It decodes protocol packets for the JEDEC’s UFS v1.1 specification. It can be used with Agilent’s N8808A UniPro protocol decoder to view both UFS and UniPro protocols at the same time. The software supports MIPI M-PHY speeds of up to 5.8 Gbps, which these protocols use for their electrical layers. R&D design teams can use the software to address their start-up debugging and validation needs.
“We understand our customers’ need for a tool to decode their UFS packets,” said Jay Alexander, vice president and general manager of Agilent’s Oscilloscope Products Division. “Collaboration with early adopters has enabled us to develop decoding software for the UFS protocol. Our decoder is extremely helpful to UFS designers for validating and ensuring their designs work as they expect.”The software supports:
- Correlated protocol decoding information with analog waveforms.
- Symbol, packet, frame and payload detail of the protocols.
- High-speed (HS-BURST) and low-speed pulse width modulation (PWM-BURST) transmission modes.
- Cyclical redundancy checks on the packets.
- Search capability for various frames, sequences and errors.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts