This Day On The Street
Continue to site
This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration.
Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here

Susan G. Komen For The Cure® Appoints Rita Forden As Chief Executive Officer Of Its Chicagoland Affiliate

CHICAGO, Feb. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Chicagoland Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure® announced today that it has named Rita Forden as Chief Executive Officer.  Forden joins Susan G. Komen from the Illinois division of the American Cancer Society.

"Rita is a nationally recognized leader in the health education and cancer prevention community," said Richard Biller, Chairman of the Board for the Chicagoland Affiliate of Susan G. Komen.  "She has a passion for making a difference in the lives of cancer patients and families, as well as a compelling vision to further our mission and broaden our organization's ties within the Chicago philanthropic community.  We are very pleased she is joining our organization and look forward to working with her to bring our organization to new levels of success." 

Established in 1997, the Chicagoland Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure® held the first Susan G. Komen Chicago Race for the Cure®.  Komen Chicago will host its 16 th Annual Race for the Cure® in Chicago Grant Park on May 12 th, 2013 with the Komen Chicago Mother's Day Race for the Cure® honoring former First Lady Maggie C. Daley.  

It has awarded over $12 million towards the fight against breast cancer by funding grassroots breast health navigation, breast cancer education, screening, and treatment projects.  Seventy-five  percent (75%) of net proceeds generated by the Komen Chicagoland Affiliate stay in the metropolitan area, while the remaining twenty-five percent (25%) supports the Susan G. Komen for the Cure® Grants Program for global research.  In 2011, Komen Chicago was awarded the Affiliate of the Year by Susan G. Komen for the Cure®. 

"For more than 15 years, Susan G. Komen Chicago has been the leading voice for breast cancer education and prevention in this region," said Forden.  "I am very excited to build upon the strong foundation and programs that have produced millions of dollars in funding for essential research.  Together with our dedicated team of Board Members, donors, volunteers and employees, we will continue to pursue our mission of a world without breast cancer."

1 of 2

Check Out Our Best Services for Investors

Action Alerts PLUS

Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.

Product Features:
  • $2.5+ million portfolio
  • Large-cap and dividend focus
  • Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Quant Ratings

Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.

Product Features:
  • Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
  • Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
  • A custom stock screener
Stocks Under $10

David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.

Product Features:
  • Model portfolio
  • Stocks trading below $10
  • Intraday trade alerts
14-Days Free
Only $9.95
14-Days Free
Dividend Stock Advisor

David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.

Product Features:
  • Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
  • Updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
Trifecta Stocks

Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutiny—quantitative, fundamental and technical analysis—to maximize profit potential and minimize risk.

Product Features:
  • Model Portfolio
  • Intra Day Trade alerts
  • Access to Quant Ratings
Real Money

More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.

Product Features:
  • Access to Jim Cramer's daily blog
  • Intraday commentary and news
  • Real-time trading forums
Only $49.95
14-Days Free
14-Days Free
AAPL $95.01 0.00%
FB $99.51 -0.24%
GOOG $677.65 -0.75%
TSLA $148.25 0.18%
YHOO $26.82 -0.85%


Chart of I:DJI
DOW 16,014.38 -12.67 -0.08%
S&P 500 1,852.21 -1.23 -0.07%
NASDAQ 4,268.7630 -14.99 -0.35%

Free Reports

Top Rated Stocks Top Rated Funds Top Rated ETFs