Statement By The Honourable James Moore, Minister Of Canadian Heritage And Official Languages, On The Occasion Of Heritage Day
OTTAWA, Feb. 18, 2013 /CNW/ - Canada's historical, cultural, and natural heritage is a source of great pride for all Canadians. Across our country, thousands of people work to preserve and promote this rich heritage in places such as our museums, libraries and historic sites, and through activities such as festivals, celebrations and commemorations.
Heritage Day, created in 1973 by the Heritage Canada Foundation, is meant to encourage the enhancement and preservation of our heritage. This year's theme invites Canadians to celebrate heritage homes and neighbourhoods and their importance to our communities. These heritage homes and neighbourhoods provide a window into our past, and, on the road to Canada's 150 th birthday in 2017, they help us understand our evolution and the Canada of today.
On behalf of Prime Minister Stephen Harper and the Government of Canada, I would like to thank all those who work to ensure that our heritage is protected, promoted, and enjoyed by Canadians. This day is the ideal opportunity for everyone to learn about and celebrate the unique heritage that brings us together as Canadians and makes us all proud.
SOURCE Canadian Heritage
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV