Silver Savers Get Savvy With Their ISAs And Families Getting Into The Savings Habit
CHESTER, England, February 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Retirees are most likely group to save - 43 per cent have saved or are planning to save into a cash ISA this year
- People using their ISA allowance have saved or are planning to save £3 , 248 into a Cash ISA this year
- Household bills top the list of the most common reasons people dip into their ISAs
Retirees are the most likely group to save into a cash ISA this year, with 43 per cent stating they have already, or are planning to save before the end of the current tax year.* Working families with children are also getting into the savings habit with 42 per cent putting money away according to new research from MoneySupermarket.
The UK's number one comparison website found that on average across Britain, 39 per cent of adults have already saved, or are planning to save into a Cash ISA before the end of the current tax year. Of these, it is those who are retired who are the most likely to save, followed by working families with children. Almost four in ten (38 per cent) of young working professionals indicated they will be saving into a Cash ISA this tax year. Just over one in 10 (13 per cent) adults have a Cash ISA but have not saved into their ISA this tax year and are not planning to do so before the end of the tax year.
Circumstances clearly dictate the ability to put savings into an ISA. While almost half (48 per cent) of families where both parents are working will invest into a Cash ISA this year; this drops dramatically where there is only one working adult, with just 21 per cent being able to save.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts