Coeur d’Alene Mines Corporation (the “Company” or “Coeur”) (NYSE: CDE) (TSX: CDM) today commented on the path to completion of its previously announced binding stock and cash proposal (“Coeur’s Proposal”) to acquire all of the issued and outstanding common shares of Orko Silver Corp. (“Orko”) (TSX VENTURE: OK):
- Orko’s Board of Directors has unanimously determined, after receiving the advice of its financial and legal advisors, that Coeur’s Proposal constitutes a “Superior Proposal” pursuant to its arrangement agreement with First Majestic Silver Corporation (“First Majestic”) (FR.TO) (AG) (FMV.F).
- Based on the closing share prices of Coeur, Orko and First Majestic as of February 15, 2013, Coeur’s Proposal represents a premium of approximately 59% to the Orko share price on December 14, 2012, the last trading day prior to the announcement of Orko’s agreement with First Majestic, and a premium of approximately 20% to the current implied value of the all-stock consideration offered pursuant to the First Majestic arrangement agreement.
- Should First Majestic exercise its matching right by Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at midnight, Coeur believes that the special meeting of Orko shareholders to vote on the First Majestic arrangement should be postponed in order to provide Orko shareholders with sufficient time to evaluate the value represented by Coeur’s Proposal, as compared to the value represented by any potential revision to First Majestic’s all-stock offer.
- Orko shareholders cannot receive the superior value being offered by Coeur if Orko shareholders approve the First Majestic arrangement at the upcoming special meeting of Orko shareholders currently scheduled for Wednesday, February 20, 2013.
Under the terms of Coeur’s Proposal, Orko shareholders may elect to receive in exchange for each Orko share:
- 0.0815 common shares of Coeur (“Coeur Shares”) and CAD$0.70 cash and 0.01118 warrants to purchase Coeur shares (“Coeur Warrants”);
- 0.1118 Coeur Shares and 0.01118 Coeur Warrants, subject to pro-ration as to the number of Coeur Shares if the total number of Coeur Shares elected by Orko shareholders exceeds approximately 11.6 million; or
- CAD$2.60 in cash and 0.01118 Coeur Warrants, subject to pro-ration as to the amount of cash if the total cash elected by Orko shareholders exceeds CAD$100 million.
If all Orko shareholders were to elect either the all-cash (and Coeur Warrants) or the all-share (and Coeur Warrants) alternative, each Orko shareholder would receive 0.0815 Coeur Shares and CAD$0.70 in cash, together with 0.01118 Coeur Warrants, for each Orko share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV