Cypress Semiconductor Corp. (Nasdaq: CY) today announced that Net Vision Co., Ltd. has designed Cypress’s EZ-USB® FX3™ USB 3.0 device controller into its SVI-06 Image Recorder. The SVI-06 Image Recorder board connects to almost any CMOS image sensor, providing a complete development support kit for high-definition inspection equipment. With the FX3 solution’s USB 3.0 bandwidth, the SVI-06 can connect with two image sensors at once, enabling simplified development of applications with precise 3D inspection functionality.
In recent years, high-resolution image sensors have rapidly improved with the advancement of CMOS sensor technology. Along with it, image processing technology, typified by Extended Depth of Field (EDoF) and face recognition, have also gained adoption in the industry. The usage has expanded not only for mobile phones and digital cameras, but also in the areas of navigation systems, factory automation, and intelligent transportation systems.
“One application of the SVI-06 is to provide the connection to two image sensors at the same time,” said Hiroshi Kokufu, President at Net Vision Co. Ltd., “This can enable next-generation camera usage to reproduce what the human eye views. It can be used for simple 3D images, but it can also be used for much more detailed images, because human eyes can recognize complicated distances, complex dimensions, and shapes.”
The SVI-06 Image Recorder with Cypress EZ-USB FX3 USB 3.0 controller marks a major performance leap over its predecessors. The data transfer of SVI-06 to a PC is about ten times faster compared to the SVI-03 USB 2.0 Image Recorder.“High-definition video applications continue to be a market driver for USB 3.0,” said Mark Fu, Senior Marketing Director for the USB 3.0 Business Unit at Cypress. “We are pleased to work with Net Vision to bring high quality video and dual image sensor 3D support to their imaging products.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV