China And India Emerging As Drivers Of Diamond Demand
Diamond Investing News reported last year that some diamond companies, notably De Beers, are using branding — the technique of “creating a unique identity or story” — to thrive when the market is no longer booming. That strategy is equally applicable in the emerging Chinese and Indian markets; while of course product quality is important, the ability to market that product in ways that address what specific consumer groups want — and can afford — will be a definite advantage moving forward.
Securities Disclosure: I, Charlotte McLeod, hold no direct investment interest in any company mentioned in this article.
Related reading:Colored Diamonds 101 Survival Strategy: Sell More Than Diamonds Is India's Appetite for Gold Declining? China and India Emerging as Drivers of Diamond Demand from Diamond Investing News
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV