Key Questions Addressed:
• How will the segments within the commercial building energy storage market grow over the next 10 years?
• What are the primary drivers and obstacles that will influence the growth in commercial building energy storage systems?
• Who are the main players in the commercial building energy storage market, and how well-positioned are they to compete?
• How will declining cost curves in battery technology affect the emerging space of electrical energy storage systems?
• What impact will a changing regulatory environment have on the market for commercial building energy storage systems?
Who needs this report?
• Energy storage technology companies
• Battery manufacturers
• Power electronics manufacturers
• Commercial building owners and managers
• Electric utilities
• System integrators
• Investor community
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
1.1 Market Overview
1.2 Market Forecasts
2. Commercial Building Energy Storage Market Issues and Drivers
2.2 Drivers for Energy Storage in Commercial Buildings
2.2.1 Requirement for Premium Power
2.2.2 Energy Cost Savings
18.104.22.168 Demand Charge Reduction
22.214.171.124 Time-of-Use Rates
126.96.36.199 Critical Peak Pricing and Dynamic Pricing
188.8.131.52 Utility Rebates
2.2.3 Renewables Integration
2.2.4 Electric Vehicle Service Equipment Integration
2.2.5 Multi-Family Dwelling Applications
2.2.6 Regulatory Landscape Developments
2.3 Barriers to Energy Storage in Commercial Buildings
2.3.3 Stakeholder Misalignment of Priorities
2.3.4 Distribution Network Blindness
3. Commercial Building Energy Storage Technologies
3.1 Energy Storage in UPS Systems
3.1.1 Maturity of the UPS Market
3.1.2 New Developments in UPS Technologies
3.2 Energy Storage in Thermal Energy Storage Systems
3.2.1 Ice Storage
3.2.2 Heat Storage
3.3 Energy Storage in Electrical Storage Systems