PAA Natural Gas Storage L.P. Stock Upgraded (PNG)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average. The net income increased by 1.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $22.04 million to $22.39 million.
- PNG, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 3.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 29.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to not be hurting the bottom line, shown by stable earnings per share.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.40, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further.
- PAA NATURAL GAS STORAGE LP reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PAA NATURAL GAS STORAGE LP increased its bottom line by earning $0.99 versus $0.83 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 2.5% in earnings ($0.97 versus $0.99).
- The gross profit margin for PAA NATURAL GAS STORAGE LP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 30.60%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, PNG's net profit margin of 19.87% significantly outperformed against the industry.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.