Orbitz Worldwide Inc. Stock Downgraded (OWW)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet & Catalog Retail industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 576.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$46.51 million to -$314.63 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $0.97 million or 75.48% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- In its most recent trading session, OWW has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- ORBITZ WORLDWIDE INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ORBITZ WORLDWIDE INC reported poor results of -$2.84 versus -$0.36 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.23 versus -$2.84).
- The gross profit margin for ORBITZ WORLDWIDE INC is currently very high, coming in at 79.90%. Regardless of OWW's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, OWW's net profit margin of -165.82% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.