American International Group, Inc. (NYSE: AIG) announced today that it has reached an agreement with Aurec Gold Investments Limited (Aurec) to acquire Aurec’s 49.99% interest in AIG Israel Insurance Company Ltd. (AIG Israel). AIG currently owns 50.01% of AIG Israel, and upon completion of the transaction AIG Israel will become wholly-owned by AIG. The transaction is subject to approval by the Israel Insurance Commissioner.
AIG and Aurec formed AIG Israel in 1996 as a joint venture. The operation primarily writes personal lines as well as accident & health and life insurance through a direct distribution platform, and it encompasses some commercial lines products via brokers. AIG Israel has achieved steady growth and profitability each year since 2001.
Rob Schimek, President and Chief Executive Officer of AIG’s EMEA region, said, “Our decision to acquire the remaining interest in AIG Israel represents an excellent opportunity to increase our presence in Israel, as well as to further integrate an important operation as part of our global platform. We are pleased that this transaction will enable us to continue to strengthen our market position in a country that is a core component of AIG’s business in the EMEA region.”
AIG also announced today that Shay Feldman has been appointed General Manager of AIG Israel effective 1 April 2013. A native of Israel, Mr. Feldman joined AIG in 1998. He held positions within Accident & Health and Marketing and Sales in Israel, and later moved to Paris to serve as CEO of AIG Marketing Europe, which led direct marketing of AIG’s life and general insurance products across Western Europe. Following senior regional roles in Hong Kong, Mr. Feldman moved to London in 2011 to take up his most recent position as Chief Marketing Officer for consumer lines in EMEA. Mr. Feldman holds a B.A. in Economics and Management from Tel Aviv Academic College and an M.B.A. from Derby University.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV