ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates, Feb. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Finnish Defence Forces awarded Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) a contract to procure PhantomIRxr ® thermal biocular systems. The biocular uses thermal imaging to pinpoint targets through darkness, smoke and dust. The bioculars will be on display at the International Defence Exhibition and Conference (IDEX).
Since 2011, Raytheon has supplied Finnish Defence Forces with multi-role thermal devices for missions that require close-combat imagery. The PhantomIRxr thermal biocular, with the latest thermal imaging technology, improves range and has advanced image processing algorithms and image stabilization to provide crisp, clear, stable images.
"The PhantomIRxr thermal biocular is a high-precision, low-cost infrared device that has an important role in all phases of military operations," said Jeff Miller, vice president of Combat and Sensing Systems in Raytheon's Network Centric Systems business. "It helps forces perform search and very precise targeting."About Raytheon Raytheon Company, with 2012 sales of $24 billion and 68,000 employees worldwide, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 91 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. For more about Raytheon, visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter @raytheon. Media Contact Peter Ramjug +1.978.886.7738 email@example.com SOURCE Raytheon Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV