The Consumer Electronics Show is just the tech industry's way of telling you that the device you're carrying around each day is now as much of an afterthought as the giant antenna-laden brick of a phone Zack Morris used to carry around on Saved By The Bell.
Though the big tech party in Vegas was more than a month ago, the fruits of those festivities are just making their way to stores and sites. Time writer Mark DiVincenzo issued a standing order to buy mobile phones in February in his book Buy Shoes on Wednesday and Tweet at 4:00.Usually he's right and carriers such as Verizon (VZ), AT&T (T), Sprint (S) and T-Mobile offer their two-for-one deals around this time of year. Dealnews isn't so sure, however, and suggests savvy shoppers await the results of the Mobile World Congress in Spain this month. Even with a relatively weak phone showing at CES and decelerating sales of the iPhone 5, this is still a time nervous retailers waiting for tech's other shoe to drop will tinker with pricing a bit.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV