The spring lines are just starting to drift into stores, but much of the country is still bundling up.
Instead of getting mad at retailers and shaking your fist at racks of bright colors and lightweight knits, why not hit the clearance rack and start stocking up on sale items? Retail analysis site ShopItToMe told Time back in October that the price of winter coats only collapses in February as stores struggle to get rid of their seasonal stock.As Dealnews notes, the relatively mild winter also made this a great year for winter apparel deals. Winter-weary New England residents who just got slugged with more than 2 feet of snow may disagree with the "mild" portion, but they're also the prime example of why it may pay to stock up now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV