Welcome to boat show season, when it doesn't matter if you're a would-be skipper in the nation's frozen north or a daily navigator of the waters in its southern climates: It's time to make room for the new models.
As the folks at Boatline explain, when new boats come in old boats have to go. That's fairly obvious for showrooms looking to clear out the remnants of last year's stock, but boat owners looking to buy new will have an old boat to turn over as well. That creates a huge fleet for the huge boat market and tends to drive down prices dramatically.Of course if you're living in a place that still has some snow cover and requires a heavy winter coat just for a trip to the showroom, chances are boat demand isn't all it could be. Boat shows be damned, those slow gray days have an effect on salespeople whether they're trying to move cars or coaxial cable. It's not a lock that you'll get a deep discount, but your chances are far better than if you wait for the clouds to clear and the weather to warm up.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV