Knights Of Columbus Launch Prayer Campaign During Papal Transition
Ask Catholics to sign online pledge to pray and to tweet prayer commitment to the pope
NEW HAVEN, Conn., Feb. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Knights of Columbus – the world's largest Catholic fraternal group – is asking its members and all Catholics to pray daily for the pope and the church in anticipation of Pope Benedict XVI's retirement and the election of a new pope.
The Knights' campaign comes at a time when Pope Benedict XVI has publicly asked for prayers for himself, his successor and the church. During the papal audience on Wednesday of this week, the Holy Father said: "Continue to pray for me, for the church, and for the future pope." He also thanked all those who have kept him in their prayers.
The Knights are asking people to record their pledge to pray at www.PrayerfortheChurch.comThe names of those who have made the pledge online will be brought to the Installation Mass for the new pope. In addition, physical prayer cards are available from the Knights of Columbus for use by parishes, schools or local Knights of Columbus councils. Cards can be ordered by calling (203) 752-4483 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org The Knights are also encouraging people to send their prayerful support to Pope Benedict XVI directly by tweeting "I am praying for you" and the hashtag #prayerforthechurch to the pope's twitter account @pontifex The prayer, written by Knights of Columbus Supreme Chaplain Archbishop William Lori of Baltimore, reads: "O Lord Jesus Christ, Supreme Pastor of Your Church,we thank you for the ministry of Pope Benedict XVIand the selfless care with which he has led usas Successor of Peter, and Your Vicar on earth. Good Shepherd, who founded Your Churchon the rock of Peter's faithand have never left Your flock untended,look with love upon us now, and sustain Your Church in faith, hope, and charity.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV