LAS VEGAS, Feb. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Las Vegas Monorail Company transported its 55 millionth rider today, with the lucky rider receiving a Las Vegas gift package including a weekend stay, souvenirs and tickets to iconic Las Vegas shows and attractions. Kelsey Spatz of Wausau, Wisconsin had the good fortune to be the 55 millionth rider through the fare gates this afternoon during a weekend trip with her mom, Michelle Spatz, and was greeted by a traditional showgirl and a showering of Las Vegas gifts.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/las-vegas-monorail-carries-55-millionth-passenger-191492121.html
"This marks another milestone for the Las Vegas Monorail," said Ingrid Reisman, vice president of corporate communications for the Las Vegas Monorail Company. "Since opening, we've continued to provide both tourists and locals a clean, safe and convenient way to navigate the traffic and crowds of the Las Vegas Strip. The 3.9-mile Las Vegas Monorail ranks among the best rail systems in the U.S. in terms of the number of riders carried per mile of track and revenue earned per mile. I'm excited to have welcomed our 55 millionth passengers."
The prize package the lucky passenger will receive will include:
- A Las Vegas Strip by helicopter OR Grand Canyon Airplane Tour from Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters
- 2 Hours of Stretch Limousine Service from Presidential Limousine
- 2 Tickets to CSI: The Experience
- 2 Tickets to Bodies & Titanic
- 2 Tickets to Madame Tussauds
- 2 Tickets to The Mob Museum
- 2 Tickets for Fremont Street Zipline from Flightlinez
- 2 Tickets for Open Top Sightseeing
- 2 Tickets to Blue Man Group and souvenirs
- 2 Room nights at Flamingo or Harrah's Las Vegas
- A 'Welcome to Las Vegas' Blinking Sign from the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority
- Monorail passes