Focus Ventures Ltd. - Clarification Of Technical Disclosure
VANCOUVER, Feb. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Focus Ventures Ltd. (TSXV: FCV) announces that as a result of a review by the British Columbia Securities Commission, it is issuing this news release to clarify its technical disclosure.
The Company previously published on its website a shareholder update dated June 2010, a map of north-central Peru, and a corporate presentation dated December 2012. Certain technical disclosures in these documents were not NI 43-101 compliant, as follows:
- The Company did not report each category of mineral resource or mineral reserves separately in the mineral resource estimates for adjacent properties found on the North-Central Peru Mineral Endowment Map contrary to Section 2.2(b) of NI 43-101.
- In the June 2010 Shareholder Update the Company disclosed several deposits related to the above map solely in the form of contained metal, contrary to Section 2.2(d) of NI 43-101, which also requires that the grade and the quantity for each category of the mineral resources and mineral reserves is stated separately.
- In its corporate presentation and fact sheets the Company reports exploration targets at its Aurora and Santa Cruz projects without providing ranges of tonnes and grade, contrary to Section 2.3(1)(a) of NI 43-101 and without stating that the potential quality and quantity of grade is conceptual in nature and the basis on which the disclosed potential quantity and grade has been determined as required by Section 2.1(2).
The Company retracts these documents in their entirety and has removed them from the website. Shareholders are advised that this retraction also applies to the Company's Fact Sheet and January 2013 corporate presentation distributed at a recent investment conference. Please see our website for an updated corporate presentation dated February 2013.
Qualified PersonThis release was prepared under the supervision of Mr. David Cass, Focus's President, who is a member of the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia, and a "Qualified Person" in accordance with NI 43-101. About Focus Ventures Focus Ventures is developing a diversified portfolio of quality silver, gold, copper and phosphate properties in Peru, Mexico and Colombia. Backed by an experienced technical team of geologists and consultants, Focus's strategy is to identify and acquire former producing mines or untested gold and silver and base metal properties that show potential to become new mines. ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV