Cayman Finance Statement In Regards To The Recent Senate Finance Committee Confirmation Hearing Of Mr. Jack Lew
GEORGE TOWN, Cayman Islands, Feb. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- At the recent Senate Finance Committee confirmation hearing Mr. Jack Lew, President Obama's nominee for Treasury Secretary, was asked about his investment in a Cayman Islands (" Cayman") investment fund domiciled in Ugland House.
At this juncture, it is perhaps worth asking why people are still surprised that Americans including both Republicans and Democrats have money invested in Cayman investment funds, when it is certainly the case that all Americans who have a pension fund will likely have their money indirectly invested in a Cayman private equity or hedge fund.
There is nothing wrong with that at all. As the 2008 Government Accountability Office's Report attests, Cayman is the domicile of choice and a centre of excellence for some of the world's leading international investment funds.
Cayman investment funds are an important part of helping to solve the pension funds' need for investment diversification and the global allocation of capital. Some of this capital is, for example, invested in important infrastructure projects in emerging market countries. As a consequence Cayman helps United States (" US") fund managers manage money for foreign investors, thus supporting jobs and service providers based in the US.It is high time that Cayman's important role in the global economy and capital markets is better understood by policy makers. SOURCE Cayman Finance
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV