Gilead Sciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: GILD) today announced it is voluntarily recalling lot B120217A of Vistide ® (cidofovir injection) to the user level due to the presence of particulate matter found in some vials of this lot.
|Product Description||NDC||Lot #||Expiration Date|
| Vistide ®
Effects from intravenous injection of product with particulate matter can vary depending on the amount of particulate matter injected into the patient, the size of the particles and the patient’s underlying medical condition, and can be severe. Gilead is not currently aware of any complaint attributable to the particles.
Vistide is indicated for the treatment of cytomegalovirus (CMV) retinitis in patients with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). Vistide is a sterile, hypertonic aqueous solution for intravenous infusion only. The solution is clear, colorless and supplied in clear glass vials. It is typically given in a hospital setting or in a doctor’s office. The lot number, located on the product label on the side of the vial, is B120217A. This lot of Vistide was distributed in the United States, Canada and Europe to wholesalers and hospital and retail pharmacies. The recall does not affect any other Gilead products.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV