Facebook says it was hacked, no data compromised
Facebook Inc. says it was the target of hackers but no user information was compromised during the attack.
The social media giant said Friday on its security blog that the company discovered in January that its system had been targeted in a sophisticated attack. The attack occurred when a handful of the company's employees visited a developer's compromised website, which led to malware being installed on their laptops.Facebook says it has found no evidence that user data was compromised. ___ By The Associated Press(equals) The Dow Jones industrial average rose 8.37 points to close at 13,981.76. The Standard & Poor's 500 lost 1.59 points to end at 1,519.79. The Nasdaq composite fell 6.63 points to 3,192.03. In New York benchmark crude for March fell $1.45 to finish at $95.86 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange. Brent crude, used to price many varieties of foreign oil, fell 34 cents to end at $117.66 per barrel in London. Heating oil fell 1 cent to finish at $3.21 a gallon. Wholesale gasoline rose 2 cents to end at $3.13 a gallon. Natural gas fell 1 cent to finish at $3.15 per 1,000 cubic feet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV