HOUSTON and NEWTOWN SQUARE, Pa., Feb. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The National Basketball Association (NBA) and SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today announced the launch of NBA.com/Stats, a new unprecedented statistical destination on NBA.com providing fans with interactive access to unlimited amounts of official NBA statistics and analysis.
Powered by the real-time SAP HANA® platform and free to all fans and media, the NBA's unparalleled statistical offering will feature the league's entire official statistics history, previously only available to league and NBA team personnel, including:
- Every NBA Box Score: Dating back to the inaugural 1946-47 season, every NBA box score will be available including memorable games such as Wilt Chamberlain's 100-point game in 1962 and Kobe Bryant's 81-point game in 2006.
- Advanced Shooting Charts: Comprehensive shooting charts for offensive and defensive performance providing visual shot displays, "hot spots," and more.
- Top Lineup Combinations: The best two through five man lineup combinations over the last six seasons. Combinations can be sorted based on a variety of statistical breakdowns.
- In-depth Statistical Breakdowns: Per possession, clutch, efficiency, player/team comparisons and additional in-depth statistics with many breakdown options.
- Player Pages for Every NBA Player: Complete individual statistical pages for every player in NBA history.
NBA.com/Stats will allow users to interact and analyze official league, team, and player statistics in real-time via an intuitive, highly visual interface. In addition, content from NBA.com/Stats can be easily shared with others via social networks Twitter, Facebook and Google+."NBA.com/Stats provides our fans and media with the definitive tool for accessing our entire up-to-the-minute history of official NBA statistical information," said NBA Deputy Commissioner Adam Silver. "Working together with SAP, a global leader in providing innovative software solutions, this groundbreaking offering brings big data to the NBA allowing fans, broadcasters and the media to run unlimited statistical breakdowns of NBA players and teams, past or present." "Sports fans have a passion for statistics because it brings them closer to the game, their favorite teams and players," said Steve Peck, senior vice president, Global Strategic Initiatives, SAP. "The new NBA.com/Stats goes beyond the numbers by offering a dynamic, comprehensive and statistical experience like never before. As a proven business platform, SAP HANA will help the NBA provide an experience that allows millions of fans to find insights in the numbers that had previously only been available to NBA teams and selected members of the media." SAP will be the presenting partner of the new NBA.com/Stats destination. In July 2012, the NBA and SAP announced a new multiyear marketing partnership that made SAP the Official Business Analytics Software Partner of the NBA. The partnership includes the Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) and the NBA Development League (NBA D-League). Along with SAP HANA, the NBA will utilize SAP® BusinessObjects™ business intelligence (BI) solutions for advanced analysis with SAP BusinessObjects Explorer® and SAP® Landscape Transformation software to power official NBA statistics on NBA.com/Stats. In addition to unlimited statistics, NBA.com/Stats will provide special editorial features that highlight innovative NBA.com/Stats findings, in-depth analysis on historical box scores, a look "Behind The Numbers" and regular contributions from NBA.com's statistical expert John Schuhmann. A special "Glossary" section will provide a complete breakdown and explanation of innovative and new statistics. NBA.comNBA.com, launched in 1995, is the official destination for the National Basketball Association and averages more than 42 million page views per day, more than half of which originate from outside of North America. Consistently ranked among the top sports Internet sites, NBA.com is a part of NBA Digital, the NBA's extensive cross-platform of digital assets jointly managed by the NBA and Turner Sports. Along with NBA.com, the robust offering includes NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA LEAGUE PASS, NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband, NBA Mobile, NBADLEAGUE.com and WNBA.com. About SAPAs market leader in enterprise application software, SAP (NYSE: SAP) helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable more than 232,000 customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably. For more information, visit www.sap.com. Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "expect," "forecast," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should" and "will" and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP's future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), including SAP's most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV