Wynn Resorts, Limited (Nasdaq: WYNN) issued the following statement regarding today’s decision by the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada to dismiss a motion filed by Kazuo Okada to enjoin the company’s Special Meeting on February 22 at which shareholders will vote on a proposal to remove Mr. Okada from the Board of Directors:
“We are gratified by the Court’s decision to dismiss Mr. Okada’s attempt to block the Special Meeting to remove him from the Board and that our shareholders will have the opportunity to vote on this important issue on February 22.”
The Special Meeting will be held in the Montrachet Room at Wynn Las Vegas, 3131 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, Nevada, on February 22 at 9:00 a.m. local time.
Mr. Okada was deemed unsuitable by the Wynn Resorts Board after a lengthy investigation by former FBI Director Louis J. Freeh uncovered evidence of improper conduct by Mr. Okada and affiliated entities under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act in connection with their dealings with Philippine officials. If Mr. Okada is removed from the Wynn Resorts Board by a vote of two-thirds of the shareholders, the Board will be reduced to eight directors, including six independent directors.About Wynn Resorts Wynn Resorts, Limited is traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the ticker symbol WYNN and is part of the S&P 500 and NASDAQ-100 Indexes. Our Las Vegas operations (Wynn Las Vegas and Encore) feature two luxury hotel towers with a total of 4,750 spacious hotel rooms, suites and villas, an approximately 186,000 square feet of casino space, 32 food and beverage outlets featuring signature chefs, an on-site 18-hole golf course, meeting space, an Ferrari and Maserati dealership, approximately 94,000 square feet of retail space as well as two showrooms; three nightclubs and a beach club.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV