- December 2010
- Verizon launched the blazing fast 4G LTE network in the New York Metro Region, establishing 4G LTE access across New York City, as well as Nassau and Westchester Counties.
- November 2011
- 4G LTE service was made available in Northern New Jersey, with residents in Somerset, Bergen, Hudson, Middlesex, Essex and Union Counties seeing coverage for the first time.
- May 2012
- Verizon expanded 4G LTE network coverage across Long Island ( Nassau County, Huntington, South Shore, and eastern end of Suffolk County).
- Looking Forward
- As expansions continue, the entire New York Metro Region—New York City, Long Island, Westchester and Rockland Counties, and areas of Northern New Jersey—is expected to receive full 4G LTE coverage by the end of this year.
Verizon Wireless Completes $267 Million In Network Enhancements In New York Metro Region
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.