Fijians Gaining Access To Internet
Members of these communities will be able to browse the Internet and use web chat services such as Skype to keep in touch with relatives and friends living in other parts of Fiji and overseas.
The local community will also have access to a range of other services.
Users will be able to scan documents so that they can be saved on a computer and sent over the Internet. Printing services will also be available.
The Minister said that this project was part of the Government's ongoing efforts to forge a smarter, better connected and more modern Fiji."As we continue to support the expansion of internet connectivity to more and more households in Fiji, Telecentres are a community-based solution that will hasten this process for Fijians living in rural and remote communities." The Minister said that it was critical to balance long-term national polices with service delivery to individual Fijians. "It is really a combination of a top-down and a bottom-up approach. While we work to develop our broadband capacity in order to spur economic development and create new opportunities for business, education, health, and finance, we are also working at the grassroots level – in individual schools and communities," the Minister added. "It is only through such a balanced approach that we will be able to establish Fiji as the hub for telecommunications in the Pacific." SOURCE The Republic of Fiji
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV