Visalia VWR Employees Vote To Join Teamsters Union
Despite VWR's long history of providing California workers good wages, pensions and health care, VWR offered starting wages in Visalia of $10/hour – an average $12/hour less than what Bay Area employees earned for doing the same work. With that in mind, Visalia employees contacted the Teamsters and voted overwhelmingly in favor of the Union.
"Visalia VWR employees are telling the company they want equal pay for equal work," said Adam Ochoa, Secretary-Treasurer of Teamsters Local 948 in Visalia. "We hope that VWR will sit down with us and negotiate a fair contract."
VWR and the City of Visalia still face ongoing environmental litigation in state and federal court, having lost in the 5 th District Court of Appeals last year and more recently when the California Supreme Court denied their motion to appeal. Attorney General Kamala Harris filed an amicus brief in support of the environmental, community, and Labor plaintiffs in the case.
Teamsters Joint Council 7 represents 120,000 working men and women in Northern California, the Central Valley, and Northern Nevada. We are the largest union in the Central Valley, with 40,000 members between Bakersfield and Sacramento.Our members work in trucking, warehousing/distribution, freight, food processing, dairies, solid waste/recycling, public services, beverages, and more. SOURCE Teamsters Joint Council 7
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV