This is a widely followed stock on Motley Fool where 9,902 individual investors voted 94% for the stock to beat the market. Short interest has begun to get covered and decreased from about 220 million shares in November to 197 million shares recently.
Taiwan Semiconductor is expected to have increased revenue this year of 15% and next year by 15.80%. Earnings are predicted to compound annually by 15% for the next five years. The P/E is 16.89 with a 2.16% dividend yield. The financial strength is B++ and TheStreet rates it an A+ stock.
Analog Devices is projected to increase revenue only 0.4% this year and 9.70% next year while earnings are estimated to increase annually by 3.27% over the next five years. The P/E is 21.72 with a dividend yield of 2.59%. The financial strength is A+ and The Street rates it an A- stock.Texas Instruments is predicted to have a loss of revenue of 6.40% this year but increase again by 6.60% next year. Earnings forecasts are good at an increase of 4.9% this year, 23.3% next year and to increase annually by 9% for the next five years. The P/E of 20.56 is coupled with a 2.49% dividend yield. The solid A++ financial strength gets the stock a B+ rating by TheStreet. Conclusion: If the economy recovers and the company's R&D investments pay off, Intel investors could reap a 19%-to-21% total annual return. This may be the right entry point but I'd follow the moving averages and turtle channels to see if the momentum holds up: Follow @JimVanMeerten This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV