Netspend (NTSP) is a provider of general-purpose reloadable prepaid debit cards, or GPR cards, and related alternative financial services to under banked consumers in the U.S. This stock is trading up 5.1% at $12.88 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.42 millionAverage Volume: 522,887 Volume % Change: 272% From a technical perspective, NTSP is spiking higher here right above its gap up day high from Thursday at $12 with monster upside volume. This move has now pushed shares of NTSP into new 52-week high territory above $12.75, which is bullish price action. At last check, NTSP has hit an intraday high of $12.95 and volume is well above its three-month average action of 522,887 shares. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in NTSP as long as it's trending above today's low of $12.39 or that gap up day high of $12, and then once it sustains a move or close above $12.46 to $12.75 with volume that hits near or above 522,887 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then NTSP will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance level at $15.90 To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV