Gap (GPS) is an international specialty retailer operating retail and outlet stores. The company sells casual apparel, accessories and personal care products for men, women, and children. This stock is trading up 7.5% at $33.74 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 11.1 millionAverage Volume: 5.84 million Volume % Change: 197% >>5 Toxic Stocks That Are Poisoning Your Portfolio From a technical perspective, GPS is soaring higher here back above both its 200-day at $31.76 and its 50-day at $32.02 with monster upside volume. This move is quickly pushing shares of GPS within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit if GPS manages to take out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $33.88 to $34.50 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in GPS as long as it's trending above $33 and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 5.84 million shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then GPS will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $35.69 to $37.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV