SS&C Technologies (SSNC) provides software products and software-enabled services to the financial services industry, mainly in North America. This stock is trading up 6.8% at $24.34 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 791,000Average Volume: 133,516 Volume % Change: 852% >>5 Stocks With Big Insider Buying From a technical perspective, SSNC is gapping higher here right off its 50-day moving average of $22.80 and back above its 200-day moving average of $23.62 with monster upside volume. This move has started to push shares of SSNC into breakout territory, since the stock has flirted with some near-term overhead resistance at $24.48 to $24.57. At last check, SSNC has hit an intraday high of $24.77 and volume is well above its three-month average action of 133,516 shares. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in SSNC as long as it's trending above its 200-day at $23.62, and then once it sustains a move or close above $24.77 with volume that hits near or above 133,516 shares. If that breakout triggers, then SSNC will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance level at $25.50 to $25.84. Any high-volume move above $25.84 will then put $26.21 to $27 into range for shares of SSNC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV