Reporters Invited To International Space Station Social Media Event
WASHINGTON, Feb. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Journalists are invited to participate in a NASA Social from 9:30 a.m. to noon EST Wednesday, Feb. 20, in the James Webb Auditorium of NASA Headquarters at 300 E St. SW in Washington.
During this event, 150 social media followers and their guests will speak with three of the six crew members currently aboard the International Space Station orbiting about 240 miles above Earth. The participants also will hear from agency scientists and engineers about ground-breaking research taking place daily on the orbiting laboratory.
NASA Socials are in-person meetings for people who engage with the agency through Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and other social networks.Participants in this NASA Social will learn about the discoveries enabled by the space station's unique microgravity environment that benefit humanity and increase our understanding of how humans can safely work and live in space for long periods. Astronauts and officials scheduled to meet with the NASA Social participants are:
- Astronauts Kevin Ford and Tom Marshburn of NASA and Chris Hadfield of the Canadian Space Agency will participate from the space station
- NASA astronaut Don Pettit, a former space station resident
- Bill Gerstenmaier, NASA's associate administrator for human exploration and operations Mission Directorate
- Marshall Porterfield, director of NASA's Space Life and Physical Sciences Research and Applications Division
- Tara Ruttley of NASA, an associate space station program scientist
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts