What the Mega Deals Really Mean
Morningstar recently highlighted energy companies BG Group (BRGYY) and Chesapeake Energy (CHK), in addition to retail giant Kohl's (KSS), medical-products manufacturer Abiomed (ABMD) and Los Angeles-based lender City National (CYN) as some large takeout targets in 2013.
As TheStreet noted earlier in February, Morgan Stanley's (MS) proposed acquisition of a brokerage venture with Citigroup (C) could mirror the size and strategy of Comcast's deal for NBCUniversal and be yet another large 2013 merger.
For all the excitement over a flurry of February deals and the speculation of where the likes of Berkshire Hathaway will spend its money next, it might simply be wise for the ordinary investor to see a busy Wall Street as added confirmation of rising stock valuations, strengthening corporate earnings and a pickup in the economy.-- Written by Antoine Gara in New York For more on M&A speculation, see Morningstar's 11 M&A stock picks for 2013. Follow @AntoineGara
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV