DUBLIN, Ohio, Feb. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Cardinal Energy Group, Inc. (OTCQB: CEGX) announces the acquisition of 2,200 acres lease rights from Chase Energy Group in the prolific Clinton sandstone formation in Wayne County, Ohio.
The formation has been the target of approximately 60,000 wells in the last 50 years. The depths in the formation range from 3,500 to 6,000 feet. The formation has a documented history of strong natural gas production with associated oil condensates. Major past producers in the formation include Belden & Blake Corporation, Range Resources and Atlas Resources.
"We are enthusiastic about this acquisition," Timothy W. Crawford, the President and CEO of Cardinal Energy Group, Inc. comments. "We plan on drilling five (5) wells in the first half of 2013 on the acreage acquired. The acreage is currently held by production by Devon Energy which owns the deep lease rights. The principal of Chase Energy Group is a seasoned oil and gas veteran who has agreed to join the Cardinal team as Director of Business Development."
ABOUT CARDINAL ENERGY GROUP, INC. (OTCQB: CEGX): ( www.cardinalenergygroup.com) Cardinal Energy Group, Inc. operates as an independent Oil and Natural Gas Producer based in Dublin, Ohio. Cardinal has offices located in New Concord, Ohio (Accounting), Cocoa Beach, Florida (Investor/Public Relations) and a West Coast office in Spokane, Washington which oversees the Companies natural gas wells located in Colusa County, California. Cardinal is focused on producing oil and natural gas from proven formations that have existing wells that need remediation due to neglect or disrepair. Cardinal utilizes modern production methods and technology to restart or increase production through reworks and further develops the target field with development wells. The Company operates throughout the Continental United States.Contact:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV